Monday, July 18, 2011

This seems fair, right?

That if somehow I was able to create a race of beings under my own power- physics, or any other law be damned- and gave them emotions, and the ability to feel and think on their own, I could do whatever the hell I wanted to do with them. I'd love them because I created them, and they were my possessions-- and because of that, I'd want love back, and utter compliance to any demand I may ask. After all, I gave them life. If they were to displease me in any way, I could punish them in whatever way I saw fit. If they'd refused an order- no matter how small, and whether or not it could be prevented, I could beat them, burn them, make the others murder or mutilate them in gruesome ways. They'd deserve it, because I created them, and whatever I say goes and is. Say if I became curious and wanted to test their love or devotion for me. I'd hide myself from them, and as generation to generation passed I'd expect that devotion despite the fact that they were given no affirmative of my existence. That would be fine, because I left a message telling them of my existence. It would be alright despite the fact that my words would be mixed among many other messages and texts of equal refinement that the beings themselves created. I won't personally give them any hints, it's their jobs to find it. If they do not, it would be perfectly fair for me to damn them with everlasting agony and torment. They did not heed MY words after all. This is all perfectly just, even though I already knew what they will do and what will happen to them with the given circumstances. It's fine even though they sometimes cannot help it, because they are suppose to follow ME. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment